Creating a process that is efficient for our set, thorough for our team and our customers has been an important aspect of our business model. Our 5 step process creates a layout for your job that covers all aspects of setting up a successful project.
- A meet and greet with the contractor provides time to get to know each other and ask questions to identify key aspects of the project’s wants and needs. At this phase we discuss style preferences and create a mental picture or description of the customers dreams for the project.
- Sitting down with a designer and architect to explain the consultation findings, we are able to explain the required dream to our design team. Designers are then able to produce a preliminary vision of the project. Through a number of reviews, meetings and drafts, a final concept is created that encompasses the dreams of the client and the required guidelines of the building department and BC Building Step Code. Working with architects, structural engineers and other required engineers, energy advisor step code consultant, surveyor, and city officials, the project efficiently becomes ready for application to city for permit.
- A review of the project designed provides an opportunity for accurate costing to be completed. Working budgets can be reviewed for the work designed and any adjustments for the conceptional project. Project contingency funds can be determined for changes, unknowns, property findings, and city requirement adjustments if they come up during construction of the project. Selection budgets are created, colours, interior finishes, products for finishes, etc are all worked out and itemized. Contract for construction is signed and the deposits and start dates are discussed.
- Our team of in house tradesmen and sub trades review the project, set up for schedules, and mobilize the required crews, equipment and tools required for the job. Safety meetings, expectations, and plan reviews are completed. Then the ground is broken and the project dreams start to take visual shape. During the timeline of the project calendar the project becomes complete and the customers dreams are exceeded.
OWNER OCCUPANCY & POST CONSTRUCTION
- Our team reviews the project with the customer and identifies any outstanding required finishing touches that are needed to detail our work. A walk through of all the operating systems, appliances, mechanical systems, electrical systems, and other installed devices builds peace of mind and an opportunity to discuss ongoing preventative maintenance requirements for longevity of the home. Warranty for the home is discussed and all required documents are handed over for product lists, suppliers, trades, and operating manuals. Questions are answered and timelines for any deficiency work or added final touches are discussed re timeline, expectation, and cost for any additional added work being requested. Final payments for the work are retained.